City of Newport and State of Oregon staff will be available to answer questions about the scope of this project and data that has been collected to inform the design of the improvements. What do you want to see built? Come share your ideas!
Project components will include:
- Reconfiguration of the wayside to increase available parking and improve circulation
- Construction of a restroom/showers
- Extension of NW Gilbert Way to create secondary access to the area
- Sidewalk and trail improvements from the wayside to the beach to improve safety and pedestrian mobility
Please join us to learn about, or share your views on this project. Public feedback will be provided to the design consultant (OTAK) to assist them in preparing preliminary design options that will be presented at a second public meeting that is planned for mid-December.
– Some old blog posts to jar your memory for those engaged back in the day:
Street and property campaign –
Early renderings of improvements –