What do these positions do? There is some flexibility in terms of roles, but here’s a general description of the roles.
- Chair: Helps provide strategic direction for the chapter, runs Chapter planning meetings, makes sure everything is getting done
- Vice Chair: Supports the Chair position and assists in Chapter communications
- Treasurer: Tracks and manages the Chapter budget, pays bills, and provides receipts
- Volunteer Coordinator: Recruits and places volunteers within the Chapter
- Secretary: Takes notes at Chapter meetings and writes thank you notes
- Beach Cleanup Coordinator: Manages the Chapter’s beach and highway cleanups
- Media Coordinator: Manages the Media Team to get the word out about the Chapter via traditional and social media
The election process begins with the July chapter meeting where the process is described followed by nominations in August and elections in September. If you want to know more, attend the July chapter meeting or contact Mike Harrington email@example.com.